If you’re interested in being a Meals-to-You vendor:
In order to be eligible to be a vendor for Emergency Meals-to-You, interested parties must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Pack and ship boxes, containing five breakfasts and five lunches, via UPS or USPS once a week or boxes containing 10 breakfasts and 10 lunches every two weeks.
- Ensure box content meets the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) meal pattern guidelines under the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).
- Produce boxes based upon the 2020 SFSP operating rates as outlined in the Federal Register.
- Keep records of their process. These records should include inventory shipped in each box, and delivery receipts. It is a best practice to note the food cost, from what company you sourced the food, and delivery cost to demonstrate your pricing structure. This information should also be detailed in the contract between the sponsor and vendor.
- Ensure student and household confidentiality. For more information, reference: https://www.fns.usda.gov/sfsp/covid-19-meal-delivery